Monday, May 23, 2011

Beastie Boys Biography




Beastie Boys Biography

Founded in Brooklyn, New York in the early 1980s, the Beastie Boys became one of the first huge-selling rap groups when their 1986 debut album, License to Ill zoomed to the top of the charts, the first rap album to hit No. 1. The strength of the hit singles "No Sleep 'til Brooklyn" and "Fight For Your Right to Party" (and plenty of exposure on MTV) made them superstars of pop and hip-hop. Their second album, Paul's Boutique suffered from underexposure, but was hailed as a critical success and eventually went platinum. The Beastie Boys proved they were more than a flash in the pan with the continued success of their albums Check Your Head (1992), Ill Communication (1994, featuring the hit song "Sabotage") and Hello Nasty (1998, winner of two Grammys). The Beastie Boys are: Mike D. (Michael Diamond, b. 20 November 1965, Brooklyn, New York), MCA (Adam Yauch, b. 5 August 1964, Brooklyn, New York) and Kid AdRock (Adam Horovitz, b. 31 October 1966, South Orange, New Jersey).

Before they hit it big, in 1985 the Beastie Boys' went on tour as the opening act for Madonna and for rappers Run-DMC... The Beastie Boys have been active in raising awareness and money for the political situation in Tibet... Kid Adrock was briefly married to actress Ione Skye (1991-93).

more: here

57 comments:

  1. interesting info didn't know about their activism in Tibet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pushing them back to my mind!
    So much music to listen to :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the extended version of this vid they bought out with Jack Black and Orlando Bloom?

    I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing really cool

    also you might want to change your blog language to english ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still remember those singles

    ReplyDelete
  6. beastie boys good good, and funny video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember them! Very nice band and with good music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love Beastie Boys :3 I just wish they come to portugal this year....

    ReplyDelete
  9. that song pretty much sums up the 90s

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah I think so too, @Jesse Crows

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the beastie boys! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beastie Boys is one of my favourite bands ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the info, I didn't know that

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much I didn't know before. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  15. never heard of that song before. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to dance to this a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, the beastie boys, i remember back in the days when this stuff was played on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You gotta fight. For your right. To PPPAAARTTYYY.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great video!
    who doesnt love to party

    ReplyDelete
  20. Man I hate the beastie boys now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've loved the Beastie Boys for years.

    Fight For Your Right was the first song I heard of their's, but Sabotage and Intergalactic were the ones I fell in love with.

    Make Some Noise off their new album is a badass tune also.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i never liked the beastie boys

    ReplyDelete
  23. Was never much of a Beastie Boys fan, but I loved the Sabotage video.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great info, never knew that about them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. best white rappers EVER.. they can still do it even though they are old!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, two blogs in a row you've really brought me back to my younger years with music. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is it bad to only know that song you posted lol, I don't know any other songs by them only that one. great info btw

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now if they would only release albums more consistently. :P

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never been a fan of this guys but maybe i'll check them

    ReplyDelete
  30. i first heard of these from guitar hero and now i really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I remember that song, haven't heard it for ages though :P

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lol, I love this song! xD

    Also, you left a comment asking if you could save one of my pictures? You're more than welcome to! :D
    Actually, if you want a custom drawing, I can do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice, I love the Beastie Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the beastie boys! nice info

    ReplyDelete
  35. one of my all time favorite bands

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes! Some of the songs on their new album are amazing. "The Beatie Boys Revisited" can be found on Youtube and it's hilarious. Go check it out if you are a fan of these guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beastie Boys... honestly I've never really listened to them but after this I'll give it a go, thanks :3

    ReplyDelete
  38. their latest album is quite awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the oldies. What I love about it is the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sabotage is one of my favs, but they got heaps of cool songs!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The classic partysong! I like BB. Even the new tracks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh how I love the Beasty Boys.

    BRASS MONKEY! XD

    ReplyDelete
  43. God I love the Beastie Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOVED these guys growing up, hell yea brass monkey!

    ReplyDelete